Pages

Friday 20 January 2017

SLJ Day 17 - Week 4

Day 17 – Famous Sights
Activity 1
On your blog tell us which of the icons you would most like to visit in your chosen country. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen it!
My chosen country is Japan. I have chosen the Highest Mountain in Japan which is called Mt Fuji. I would go there because it just looks so beautiful and I would like to experience what it feels like to touch or feel snow.
Activity 2
Let’s imagine that you have been asked to host a visitor from another country. They are going to come and stay with you for three days. During that time, you are expected to take them on a tour of New Zealand and show them some our most famous icons. Where would you take them? If it was me, I might take them to Mt Cook in the south island, to the Sky Tower in Auckland and to Chums Beach in the Coromandel. What about you? On your blog, tell us which three famous places in New Zealand you would go with your visitor.

First I would take him/her to Kelly Tarltons to explore the adventures the sea. Then I would take him/her to the Sky Tower because it is very popular in Auckland and a fun place to go. Last of all I would take him/her Bungee Jumping because it's just a great way to end the fantastic day.

Bonus Activity




Take a picture of yourself standing beside a popular place in your community. It can be anywhere that’s pretty popular in your area (e.g. a store, a restaurant, a marae, etc). On your blog please tell us about the landmark. What is the name of it? Where is it? Who goes to it?

I am not in this photo but it is a popular place to go in Auckland. It would be very very fun.

Image result for sky tower

1 comment:


  1. Hi Telesia,

    It is fantastic to see that you are completing these activities. If you have a little time it would be great to hear a bit more about why you would take your guests to these places. E.g. what is it about the Sky Tower that would make it a good place to visit?


    Mark Barlow

    Hi Telesia!


    I agree with Miss Stone, I would really like to hear more about your why you chose these places and maybe a little more detail, like the name of the highest mountain perhaps. Did you mean Mt Fuji? That is one of the most famous.

    Kia Kaha!

    Mark

    Rachel William

    Kon'nichiwa (Hello) Telesia,

    I agree with Miss Stone! It is a great idea to take your visitors to see the Sky Tower, to go bungee jumping and to visit Kelly Tarlton's. They are very popular things for visitors to do in New Zealand. Why do you think that they are so popular? I, personally, would be pretty scared to go bungee jumping but I know a number of people who love it. What about you? Would you go bungee jumping with your visitor when they came?

    I am looking forward to reading your answers. I hope that you have time to post a response in the next little while ;)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.