Pages

Wednesday 10 January 2018

SLJ WK 4 Day 3 Activity 1, 2 & 3

Activity 1: Mixed-Member Proportional (MMP)
In 1996, New Zealand adopted the MMP voting system. In September of 2017 we had a national election. Everyone in New Zealand, over the age of 18, was invited to vote for who they wanted to form the next government in New Zealand. The race was really close and in the end, three different political parties (Labour, New Zealand First and the Green Party), came together to form the new government. It is called a ‘coalition government’ because it includes different people from different political parties.

Imagine that you had to form a coalition government with two other people. Who would you choose to partner with?

I would form a coalition with my son, Aronui, and with my friend, Amber. Aronui would be a great addition to the coalition because he is funny and kind. He would make us laugh and take care of us. Amber would be great because she is really smart and thoughtful. She is also good at making decisions. I think that we would form a great team. What about you? Who would you choose? Why?



I would form a coalition with my friend Davarni and my older sister Luisa. Davarni is a very formal, nice and a thoughtful person. She is definitely a person that would take care of us and make sure that everything is sorted and done. Luisa is a very smart person. She gets things done when needed and can get threw anything that is thrown at her. Together I reckon we could go higher. This would be my coalition team.


Activity 2: Migration

Over the past few decades, there has been a huge rise in the number of people coming to New Zealand to live and/or travel. I was one of those people! In fact, I moved with my family to New Zealand in 2010 and I am so glad that I did. It’s a pretty amazing place to call home! At the moment I live about 10 minutes from three stunning beaches and a beautiful national park.

Speaking of home, where do you live? On your blog, please post a picture of your hometown and provide a list of three things that tourists, like us, could do if we came to visit. What do you like most about your hometown? (Remember the guidelines for being Cybersmart, and never post your address online).


Hometown = Glen Innes/Auckland

Place No. 1 : I live just a few minutes away from the G.I centre where there is a place called Te oro. This is where many children come to learn many different subjects such as dance, art and more. Tourists can take a look around and look at our amazing cultural dances.  

Place No.2 : Again this is also in the G.I centre. I’d say Nz is pretty great at art. Tourist can walk around the G.I center looking for many artworks that our new zealanders have painted. It is very beautiful and creative

Place No.2 : This place is called the Pt England Reserve. It is a beautiful beach that anyone can visit. Tourist can can take amazing photos of the greatest views. It is fantabulous.


Activity 3: Modern Learning Environments

Over the past few years, a number of schools have changed the way that they teach. Instead of one teacher working in one classroom with one group of students, some schools have built huge classrooms where many teachers work together to teach a big group of students. This is called a ‘Modern Learning Environment’ (MLE).

IMG_0725.JPG

Some people prefer Modern Learning Environments while others aren’t so sure. Take a look at the pictures above. The one on the left is a photograph of a traditional classroom, and the picture on the right is of a Modern Learning Environment. Imagine that you are a teacher, and design your own classroom. What would it look like? What furniture would you have? I would love to have some beanbags for reading on.

Draw a floorplan of your classroom (either in Google Draw or on paper) and upload it to your blog. Describe what is special about your classroom and why you designed it this way.

I’ve drawn a classroom with pink carpet and bright coloured tables. I also included a kitchen so that we can do cooking every day and a HUGE bookshelf because I love to read! What would you like to see in your classroom?

6 comments:

  1. Malo lelei Telesia,

    Wow you have created such an amazing classroom.It seems like you worked very hard.

    It is very sweet that you would make your sister, Luisa and Your bestfriend,Davarni your partners in the coalition government.They would be very suitable people to do the job.You all will make a good team ;)

    Well Done Telesia,Keep It Up!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava Telesia,

    I really like how you have gone this far in these activities, it's super great. Your coalition partners are awesome and I think you will make an awesome team. I also like the classroom you have made, it is very bright and creative. Keep up the hard work Telesiaa

    Have a nice holiday !
    - Anastaciaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo lelei Telesia,

    Great choice on your coalition team. I really think that you 3 will make a great and amazing team!!

    Also, If I was a tourist and I read this, I will come over to G.I and see what great places it has.

    I really love your classroom that you have made. It's not to fancy not to boring but it is just right!!

    Keep up the great work, your all most there!!!

    Loto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Telesia

    great choice on your coalition team. I really think that you will make a great team with your older sister and you best friend.

    I really like how you described your hometown with other building around were you live. If i was a tourist and i was reading this, i would really like to go to New Zealand.

    I also like your classroom because it has lots of space for students to sit on the mat, It has some computers and it has a Cushion area for the students.

    keep up the great work

    Saia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Telesia,

    I am so impressed to see that you finished the summer learning journey - you are a star! I would love to see you, Luisa and Davarni in politics - what a team you would make! I really like the cushion area in your post - I will have to make sure that I always have cushions in my classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Telesia,

    Activity 1:
    You’ve shared some great skills and qualities you found in your chosen partners, it sounds like you have the makings of an awesome team! Perhaps next time you could share some skills or qualities that you offer your team. What is one thing you could contribute to your team dynamic?

    I personally, would form a coalition with my Mum and brother. My Mum is kindhearted and very empathetic, I think she would help our team understand each other better. My brother has a no nonsense attitude so he is always trying to complete tasks to a high standard, I think it’d help us be time efficient. And lastly for me I’d say I have good attention to detail, so I’d be able to pick on things the team might’ve missed.

    Activity 2:
    Wow! I love the pictures you’ve used, you’re right the Pt England Reserve does look fantabulous! I can see that you’ve really thought about this task in detail, I’m really wanting to visit these places all myself.

    Thank you for being specific about each place and location, this way tourists would be able to find them quicker. What is your favourite place to go to, out of the three? Maybe next time you can include a review of your experience at one of the places for readers to see!

    Bonus Activity:
    I really like the size of your whiteboard, that would double as good screen for a projector! It looks very spacious, which is awesome, had you thought about where a teacher’s desk or area could go in your floor plan?

    Also for next time, I think it’d be a good idea to identify the windows and doors (including a fire exit) in your floor plan. I’d love a cushioned area in my classroom, I think it’d be awesome for the mat area, thanks for the idea!

    Keep up the awesome work Telesia!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.