Pages

Friday 20 January 2017

SLJ Day 16 - Week 4

Day 17 – Famous Sights
Activity 1
On your blog tell us which of the icons you would most like to visit in your chosen country. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen it!
My chosen country is Japan. I have chosen the Highest Mountain in Japan which is called Mt Fuji. I would go there because it just looks so beautiful and I would like to experience what it feels like to touch or feel snow.
Activity 2
Let’s imagine that you have been asked to host a visitor from another country. They are going to come and stay with you for three days. During that time, you are expected to take them on a tour of New Zealand and show them some our most famous icons. Where would you take them? If it was me, I might take them to Mt Cook in the south island, to the Sky Tower in Auckland and to Chums Beach in the Coromandel. What about you? On your blog, tell us which three famous places in New Zealand you would go with your visitor.

First I would take him/her to Kelly Tarltons to explore the adventures the sea. Then I would take him/her to the Sky Tower because it is very popular in Auckland and a fun place to go. Last of all I would take him/her Bungee Jumping because it's just a great way to end the fantastic day.

Bonus Activity




Take a picture of yourself standing beside a popular place in your community. It can be anywhere that’s pretty popular in your area (e.g. a store, a restaurant, a marae, etc). On your blog please tell us about the landmark. What is the name of it? Where is it? Who goes to it?

I am not in this photo but it is a popular place to go in Auckland. It would be very very fun.

Image result for sky tower

1 comment:


  1. Hi Telesia,

    It sounds like you have a very relaxing Waitangi Day tradition with your family. I like the idea of getting together, playing outside and watching movies. That sounds like a very restful way to spend the day!

    I am originally from Canada and, on Canada Day, my family usually gets together as well. We tend to go into Ottawa (the capital city of Canada) for the day to walk around the markets, have lunch, and listen to the live concerts that are on offer throughout the city. My favourite part of the day is the evening when we stay up to watch the huge fireworks show. The fireworks are lit in the middle of the city and they explode in the air just above our parliament buildings. They're usually so bright that they lit up the night sky and illuminate all of the beautiful buildings in downtown Ottawa. It's spectacular!

    I hope that you're able to get out and enjoy Waitangi Day this year with your family. Perhaps you may even get to see some fireworks? I hope so!

    Keep up the great work with your blogging, Telesia. We are really enjoying your posts :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel
    -----------------------------------------------

    Hi Telesia!

    I thought you were doing Japan haha! I see that your next blog is for Japan too, so all good.

    I heard that those gravy fries are amazing. I have also heard that Toronto is excellent with a huge film and music scene. It would be excellent to go see some live music there.

    On Waitangi day my family generally relaxes too.

    Great blogging!

    Can't wait for the next one!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.