Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

SLJ - Wk 1 Day 3 Activity 1 & 2

Activity 1: The More, the Merrier?
victorian family.jpgIn the 1800s, most families were
pretty big. In fact, many parents had
an average of seven to nine children.  
Imagine that you were a child in the 1800s and you had nine siblings.



On your blog, please tell us how you would feel.
Would you enjoy being a member of such a large family?
Why or why not?

First of all, of course I would enjoy being in a large
family for I am already in a family of thirteen. Sometimes
I get annoyed but most of the time I am outside having
the most memorable times with them. I another reason
why I would love to be in a large family is that you have
9 or more people that will love and protect you no matter what
happens. So they are there for you no matter what.


Activity 2: Acknowledging Ancestry
All of us are members of a family. Some of us have
large families and some of us have very small families.
When I have the opportunity to talk about my family and
my ancestry I sometimes choose to use a pepeha. It is a
very special way of identifying who I am and where I come
from. There are many different versions of pepeha but most
provide people with information about who you are and
where you come from (i.e. your whakapapa). Use the template
provided below to prepare your own unique pepeha. If you need
help please watch this short movie clip on preparing a pepeha.

My Pepeha

Ko Mt wellington te maunga       
Ko Tamaki te awa                       
Ko New Zealand Airline te waka
Ko (Private Information) toku tipuna
Ko Tonga toku iwi         
Ko Germany toku hapu
Ko (I do not have one) toku marae
Ko New Zealand Auckland ahau
Ko Nolini raua ko Vikilani matua  
Ko Telesia toku ingoa.

90668006.jpg

Everyone’s family is unique. What makes your
family special? Choose three people close to you
and ask them what their two favourite things to
do in summer are.

On your blog, write two fun facts about each person.
For example, my Nana plays the bagpipes!

I have decided to ask my younger
brother, older sister and younger sister

  1. My older sister loves reading her Harry Potter book series and Eat
  2. My younger sister loves to play outside and my mum out with cooking
  3. My younger brother loves to take walks and play at the park

BONUS POINTS: 6

4 comments:

  1. Malo Telesia!

    Great work with your blogging so far!

    Wow - 13 family members, that's a lot! Many people who already have big families said they love them and wouldn't have it any other way and I think that's awesome. Sometimes I think I'd like to have a big family. I just have my mum, dad and brother. But I do have lots of fun with my small family! It is totally the memories that mean the most!

    You've made such a good effort with your pepeha! I also don't know my mare, but my Maori lecturer at university said I could just use my church as my meeting place for my marae in my pepeha... Do you have a special meeting place for anything that you could use?

    Keep up the fantastic work Telesia!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicky,

      I would say that my church would be my special place. For we have meetings there too. St Bernadette Catholic Church.

      Family is very important to me and I am glad you think so too. Thank You for commenting!

      King Regards,
      Telesia

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Telesia,

      Thanks for sharing! Maybe you could use that as your marae... My church is called C3 (Christian City Church) which I identify as my marae.

      Yes, family is totally important!

      Nicky :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Telesia,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you over the summer for the Summer Learning Journey.

    You've done a good job of telling us about your family. Have you written down what your family likes to do in summer or some facts about them?
    My family's favourite things to do in summer are read, go to the beach, and have picnics. We like relaxing summers in our house!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.