How to make scones!
Scones were originally made by European people hundreds of years ago. It’s a more tasty and sweeter version of bread. Rich or wealthy people in England back in the 1800's always had tea with scones. They adored scones and had them all the time at tea parties. This recipe will make 6 small scones or 4 large scones.
- 1/2 cup Raisins (Optional)
- Plain flour
- 1 ½ cups of self raising flour
- 40g of butter
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ cup of milk
- First wash your hands with soap.
- Now add the flour and salt into your large mixing bowl and mix until they are well combined.
2. Next add in your butter (Make sure to cut the butter into small pieces) and rub it into your flour until it looks and feels like breadcrumbs.
3. Then poke in a little well just in the centre of the bowl and slowly pour in the milk.
4.You now want to mix the mixture slowly until it is a little doughy.
5. Now get in with your hands and massage it a little and cut it into equal pieces (You do not want touch the dough too much or it will get tougher by the minute).
6. Then preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
7. Now place your dough onto a flat pan or baking tray and put it straight into the oven.
8. Cook it for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Once you are finish, i'd recommend you add cream and jam to them or if you like, add on margarine. Now they are ready to be served and eaten.